Dual MBA & Master of Engineering
Sasin + Chula Engineering. Two leading faculties. Two leading degrees.
We aim to form a dynamic and diverse student body, representing many countries, cultures, personalities, backgrounds, and career aspirations. A number of places may be allocated to non-Thai students to ensure the international representativeness of the program. We are looking for students with:
- outstanding potential for leadership,
- as well as the intellectual and interpersonal skills,
- who can make a meaningful contribution to the academic and extracurricular life of the program and the university.
To apply to the Dual MBA & Master of Engineering Program, you need to complete just one application. This is presented initially to Sasin.
Applying to the Dual MBA & Master of Engineering ProgramYou will need:
- a bachelor’s degree in engineering or physical science from an institution of recognized standing,
- one year of work experience,
- your university transcript,
- TOEFL or IELTS,
- GMAT (or GRE) score,
- a resume
- one letter of recommendation
- application fee (currently Baht 1,500 or US$50)
- a completed application to Dual MBA & Master of Engineering program.
We highly value full-time professional experience. We have found that work experience adds to applicants’ maturity and self-awareness. These contribute significantly to success. On average, Sasin students have about three years of meaningful work experience and demonstrate clear management potential. We do not preclude applications from exceptional younger applicants with little work experience, provided they can demonstrate maturity and ability to contribute to their class learning experience.
Interviews are required for admission to the Dual MBA & Master of Engineering program. Interviews will be held with faculty from Sasin and from the Faculty of Engineering. We have found that interviews provide additional insight into applicants’ abilities and motivation to complete the program. Interviews also provide you an opportunity to discuss the Dual MBA & Master of Engineering program and raise questions of concern. We can arrange interviews outside of Thailand, sometimes face-to-face with our representatives, or via our video-conferencing facilities. Interviews, whether on campus or elsewhere, will be arranged and conducted only after the application and all supporting documents have been submitted to the Admissions Office.
Your application can be completed most conveniently online. This is the best way to apply. As you work on your application, be sure to save frequently. You can come back as often as you like to add materials: until you hit the final submit. Be sure to complete as many of the questions on the application as possible:
- you must complete those that have a red star. You will not be able to submit your application without these.
- remember you the more you tell us about your education, experiences, and interests, the better we can evaluate your suitability for our program,
- and the more likely you are to be accepted.
Application Journey1. Get these information ready Must have:
- A bachelor degree
- Minimum one year experience
- Leadership potential and management promise
- A letter of recommendation (Using Sasin’s form)
- Official transcripts
- A competitive GMAT or GRE score
- An English language proficiency score (TOEFL/IELTS) for non-native English speakers
1. Contact Information, Email, and PasswordFirst, you will need to enter:
- your email address (which will become your username for the application process),
- your name,
- choose the program for which you wish to apply,
- and prove that you’re human by completing a CAPTCHA.
2. Educational BackgroundThe online application asks about your prior education. Please enter your educational experiences in chronological order (oldest first, most recent last). The form allows you to add additional fields. You will need eventually to submit an official transcript of academic record from each college, university or professional school you have previously attended. Transcripts must be in English and prepared by the issuing institution,
- if the institution will not provide a translation, Sasin will accept translations from the embassy or consulate of the institution’s country or its designated agent.
- Both the original record and an authorized English translation should be submitted.
- All records should show your name, degree awarded and date of graduation.
3. Employment BackgroundThe online form also asks about your previous employment. Try to give as much detail as possible. You should certainly include
- job titles
4. Activities and InterestsWhat you do outside of education and work, is of great interest in evaluating your application. The online form asks about these activities, please give as much (truthful!) detail as possible. Make sure that you include any:
- awards and honors
5. Essay QuestionsThe online form also asks about:
- Why you want to attend Sasin, and
- Your career objectives, and how Sasin will help you.
6. Letter of RecommendationYou will need to submit one letter of recommendation – please use the Sasin recommendation form. This should be:
- from someone who knows you and your achievements well,
- Ideally, your letter should be from someone who has observed you at work,
- the best recommenders are those who are able to assess your professional, extracurricular, and/or academic performance,
- and demonstrate an awareness of your management potential.
- Recommendations from friends and family are of very limited value.
- send their recommendation by email directly to Admissions@sasin.edu (this is the preferred submission method)
- or, place it in a sealed envelope addressed to: The Admissions Office, Sasa Patasala Building, Sasin Graduate Institute of Business Administration, Soi Chulalongkorn 12, Phyathai Road, Bangkok, Thailand 10330
7. Signed Sasin Honor CodeEveryone at the Sasin regards honesty and integrity as qualities essential to the practice and profession of management. The Sasin Honor Code is designed to promote these qualities so that each student can fully develop his or her individual potential. The Honor Code is administered by students, based on the concept of self-governance. Upon admission, each student makes an agreement to abide by The Sasin Honor Code. Students who violate the Sasin Honor Code violate this agreement and must accept the sanction imposed by the Sasin community. All Sasin students are also expected to adhere to all policies and requirements of Chulalongkorn University and to abide by all applicable by laws and regulations. You can download the Sasin Honor Code here, or use the link on the last page of the online application. In any event made sure that you sign the Honor Code, and submit it with your application.
8. Test ScoresYou must have a GMAT, or a GRE score with your MBA application. If you are non-native English-speaking, you must take TOEFL/IELTS in addition to the GMAT/GRE. There are no minimum test score requirements. It is your entire application that will be evaluated. Scores are usually valid for 5 years. TOEFL/IELTS Exemption: Non-native English-speaking applicants may qualify for an exemption if you have finished high school in an international school (English program) or in the United States, England, Australia, New Zealand, or in an English-speaking institution in Canada and/or completed a 4-year undergraduate degree at a college or university in the United States, England, Australia, New Zealand, or in an English-speaking institution in Canada. Applicants who believe they fulfill the requirements for a TOEFL/IELTS exemption should email email@example.com with an exemption request.
Completed Application FormWhen you’ve completed the Application Form, take a look through the checklist of accompanying items:
- GMAT or GRE score,
- TOEFL or IELTS (unless waived),
- one letter of recommendation (when you submit your online application, you’ll see a link to download the necessary form for your Letter of Recommendation, or you can download it now),
- letter of Corporate Sponsorship (if applicable),
- signed Sasin Honor Code (download),
- application fee: see below, this can be paid most easily through our secure online application site. Details will appear when you submit your online application.
- Recent digital color photo (headshot) of you